[plug] forcing RH's "up2date" to use a WAIX-accessable RH mirror

Luke dudney dex at wn.com.au
Wed Mar 12 14:19:25 WST 2003

On 12/03/03 14:11, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've just had to descend into the "interesting" land of Red Hat for
> our shiny new Dual Xeon box, due to "official support" requirements of
> sofware we're using. I have what may be a newbie question but some
> quick looking on google hasn't helped me, so:
>
> How can I use "up2date" (which is the closest RH has to apt, yes?)
> with a local mirror of RH at, say, ftp.iinet.net.au instead of RHN? It
> /must/ be possible, but I can't find any useful info on it. If so, is
> there an alternative program to handle updates with dependencies, etc?
> RHN is so painfully slow its scary.
>
> Craig

I don't think it's possible with up2date.
You can use rpmfind's --autoupgrade feature.
Import the redhat GPG key to root's keyring, then add to /root/.rpmfind:
autoupgradeUrl=ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/redhat/updates/whatever.....
paranoid=yes

running rpmfind --autoupgrade should download and install the updates
and their dependencies.

Cheers
Luke