[plug] Constant rsync'ing...

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 17 15:27:39 WST 2003

Try unison as has been reccomended a number of times now.  It caches the
info so the first time it runs its slower than rsync, and it is also
slower to transfer the data: *BUT* the next time it is quite fast if you
only have a few changes.  i.e., 6.3g takes only a few seconds across a
100M network, only a little longer across a modem - any changes are on
top of the checking of course!  3 way syncs are no problem: I do by
using one machine as the master, the other two sync to that.  Master is
purely a convenience, as its easier to work that way, than try and sync
fully meshed.

BillK

--
Bill Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au>