[plug] LDAP and Windows

Luke Dudney dex at wn.com.au
Wed Mar 19 11:15:54 WST 2003

Scott Middleton wrote, On 19/03/03 10:37:

>Hi All
>
>I have set up and LDAP address book to work with my evolution client.
>Works great and i have set up a couple of different directories with
>good results.
>What I can't find is a Windows Based LDAP client. They all seem to do
>the same thing which is just search. I know OE and the rest can search
>through LDAP directories but they can't browse or modify (as far as i
>can tell).
>I tried the Protek MasterKeyPlus but it wouldn't install on my win4lin
>based Win98 (which is normal).
>
>Any one have any ideas?
>
>Regards

The only decent windows LDAP client I could find is Softerra's
http://www.softerra.com offering,
They have an LDAP browser which is freeware (can only view the tree) and
LDAP Administrator, which can do "key tasks (like viewing, creation,
editing, import and export)".

I ended up settling on gq 0.6 http://biot.com/gq/ under cygwin X.
I've now moved both my workstations to linux so I can use gq 0.7b2 which
wouldn't compile for me under cygwin.

Cheers
Luke