[plug] Dual Booting

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Wed Mar 19 16:07:59 WST 2003

I was going to partition my 20 GB hard disk into two 10 GB partitions and
install Windows in one partition and Debian Linux in the other, but an ISP
Help Desk person told me yesterday I would have problems doing that because
each OS needs to start in the first 2-4 GB of the disk space.  He suggested
I would be much better off with two HDD's because then each OS would
automatically be in the first 4 B of its respective disk.

Is that correct?
I would appreciate any advice you can provide, before I proceed.

Kind regards,  James Elliott