[plug] Dual Booting

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 19 16:34:47 WST 2003

James Elliott wrote:

>I was going to partition my 20 GB hard disk into two 10 GB partitions and
>install Windows in one partition and Debian Linux in the other,

My solution to this problem has always been to start my linux install
first (in my case rh) and create the desired partitions with fdisk- an
ext2/3 about 70-80 mb for /boot (does debian use this?), then dos 10gb,
then ext2/3 & swap as desired.  Crash out of linux install _after_  new
partition table has been written to disk.  Install Windows.  Install Linux.

Note:  man fdisk as some warning about doing this but it has always
worked for me.  ymmv.

Good Luck,
Tim Bowden