Was [plug] Office XP now customer support

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Fri Mar 21 09:04:05 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 00:00, Ben Jensz wrote:
    Leon Brooks wrote:

    >My post was a subtle way of asking: why does it need to be MSO? Now I'm asking
    >not so subtly: why does it need to be MSO?
    >
    >Cheers; Leon

    Some people are stubborn, they want their MS Office.  The same people
    that then whinge and bitch about how the software doesn't do this or
    crashes or stuffs up their layout etc.

    Seriously, sometimes you just can't win.

An ultimately you support your client no matter whether you think they
are right or wrong. It is what you get paid for. The client is not
interested in your hobby. You might even regret it when they are ringing
you up 10 times a day because they can't find the page set up.

I am waiting for a client to say "Scott we want to use OpenOffice here
and we are committed to making it work for us." Otherwise if you
convince them; then it will always be your fault they can't do it. As a
support provider the questions you want to here is "How do i do this?"
not "Why wont this work?". It is much easier to work with the willing
and much more satisfying.

But asking a LUG for a M$ product was a bit weird :) Leon was very
subtle.

--
Scott Middleton
Member Society of Linux Professionals (WA)
scott at linuxit.com.au
ph  (08) 9331 8051
fax (08) 6210 1712
1900 999 221 for instant help!

Stop being a Microserf and join the revolution of the Penguin.