[plug] [on-topic again] OpenOffice

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Mar 22 21:43:13 WST 2003

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 08:17:34PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:

| You must have been pushing it. The only trouble I've ever had with an OOWriter
| doc going into Word has been fonts, and that's nothing to do with the
| software.

I've seen a number of weird things happen when Word tries to load OO's
".doc" files, even for quite simple documents.  Most commonly, the font
sizes get reset to 12pt, and margins and/or paper size go all screwy.
Interestingly, OO reads the resulting .doc file in the same way as Word
does, so presumably they're doing /something/ right with their filters.

Still, OO.o does a heck of a lot better than anything I've seen other
than Word itself.

Cameron.