[plug] [OT] Office XP 30 day evil

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Mar 21 11:40:26 WST 2003

G'day list

Yeah Leon was right. I really should have posted aus.computing or
something but I don't really know anyone there.

Sorry I really wasn't planning to generate all this traffic.

Here is the real story that I sent to Arie:

Bascially, whats happening is I'm helping a guy that does MS Office
tuition with cheap rental on a class room and setup a thin client
environment that allows each person to in the class to use office.

The long term goal is to move this guy over to training OpenOffice and
StarOffice and contract him out to companies that are migrating. One of
the services of my company is going to be OOo tuition but I'm usually to
impatient to do it myself. (;

He is open to this idea but still doesn't know a lot about OpenOffice so
I will need to train him and point him in the direction of the right
resources.

For the thin client setup I was just going to use a 120-day evaluation
copy of w2k server with terminal services installed and rdesktop on the
Linux client machines or the trial version BeTwin from
thincomputinginc.com and their Linux client.

I would setup the unattended install UDF and answer files so that they
could be easily setup again the next time he offers classes.

Thanks for the help.

regards.

Chris