[plug] Please someone point me in the right direction... Sound Cards

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Mar 21 13:37:52 WST 2003

Clinton Butler wrote:
> I posted a little while back about using 2 sound cards under Debian
> 2.2r3.... Unfortunately there was no response... not sure if anyone
> knows about using 2 sound card's... but if someone can point me in the
> right direction for some aid... my searches keep saying that it is
> possible but nobody has written a HOWTO or even reveals how they got it
> going....
>
> I'm very stuck on this right now... any help would be much apprectiated.

I'm using a pair of es1371 based SB128's in my DJ box.. Just modprobe
the es1371 driver and it picks up both of them and they work perfectly.
In fact, one of them fel out of it's pci slot during a gig, but the
second one kept on running without a hitch. The first card's associated
player software crapped out, but I fired up my laptop, shared the music
over nfs and continued without interruption.

Try doing that with windows!

I used to use dual ISA cards also, but I forget the modprobe entries I
had to use to get the sb.o module to pick up both cards. You can do it
though and it's all in the docs or source somewhere.

--
Brad....
  /"\