[plug] Please someone point me in the right direction... Sound Cards

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Mar 21 13:56:16 WST 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 12:50:18PM +0800, Clinton Butler wrote:
> I posted a little while back about using 2 sound cards under Debian
> 2.2r3.... Unfortunately there was no response... not sure if anyone knows
> about using 2 sound card's... but if someone can point me in the right
> direction for some aid... my searches keep saying that it is possible but
> nobody has written a HOWTO or even reveals how they got it going....

Doh I forgot to reply :)

I had 2 soundcards in my PC for a while, one connected to headphones and the
other my stereo. Don't think I had to do anything special and they
were accessed as /dev/dsp + /dev/mixer and the other /dev/dsp1 + /dev/mixer1.

Have you actually got both sound cards in the computer at the moment?

I don't think a HOWTO is necessary because I just plugged in the 2nd card and
RedHat was nice enough to autoconfigure it for me.

Later,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841    email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
http://jason.mindsocket.com.au/    mobile: 0417 410 811