[plug] XWindows/Sawfish/Gnome/Sound

Sham Chukoury chukours at ses.curtin.edu.au
Fri Mar 21 18:53:32 WST 2003

Anne Busby wrote:
> any one have any ideas why x-windows/gnome would start without starting
> sawfish.
Maybe sawfish isn't set as the default window manager? :P

> Also, I have a  VIA integrated sound card - the modules are present but
> I have to insmod them each time I boot - what step did I miss??
You need entries in /etc/modules.conf to tell the system to load the
appropriate modules. There are man pages and web pages out there...
can't remember exactly which ones. ;P (man modules.conf?? ldp.org??)

As always, "apropos <topic>" and Google are your friends. :)

Good luck
§:)