[plug] Bind problem

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 21 23:54:40 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 20:33, Jon Miller wrote:
<snip>
> > Would you like it to? (Presumably you already have an rndc.conf,
> > rndc.key and a key-control block in your named.conf?)
> >
> Yes I had it in 8.2 and I assumed I needed it in the updated one.  But
> since it's been removed, resloution is working properly and at the
> correct perceived speed and e-mail is working again.  I'll do some
> reading and see what's up with Bind.
>
> --
> Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>
> MMT Networks Pty Ltd

In the bind distributed with rh8.0 the key-control block in named.conf is commented out.  Anyone know why?  According to the ldp HOWTO for bind9 it should be there.  I am just about to set it up at work so this may just save me some considerable frustration if it doesn't work properly.  Let us all know if you find anything startling.

Regards,
Tim Bowden