[plug] Apache/PHP problem driving me NUTS

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Mar 24 15:40:13 WST 2003

>>Hmm... guess I can try it, but its not a very trimmable script. OMG
>>thats weird... I've tried trimming it, and no matter how much I trim it
>>/the copy apache sends is the same/.
>
> Given that the issues you're having are for a different host/domain to
> your internal copy, could the troubles you're having be to do with a
> proxy in the middle caching things?  Are you running a php accelerator
> that might be caching output?

Not the way its working. The vhost is on a local server, with no
intervening proxies etc. The script was working fine when in the
"default" documentroot on the same machine, but if placed under the
vhost where it needs to live, it was failing. All working now... though
I wonder why?

> Also, ensure that Mozilla's cache settings are set to refresh "Every
> time I view the page" while developing anything  :)

Heh. Fair enough, though generally one wants to make sure that the page
is also sending appropriate cache control headers etc, that can be in
the later phases of development.

Craig