[plug] ATI Linux 3d Support (or: ATI vs NVidia)

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Mar 25 17:18:08 WST 2003

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 16:45, Quintin Lette wrote:
> My Radeon 7500 works fine 3d accelerated under Linux, I am quite happy with
> the speed my c900 plays Counter Strike (under wine :))

CS isn't exactly technically straining these days. ^_^

> Regarding UT2k3, ATI cards WILL NOT play it, there is no support for a
> protocol used in the game under Linux :((

Not even using the official ATI linux drivers?

> other than that though I haven't
> had any problems.

Have you done any speed comparisons between Linux & Windows with other games?

> I have also found my system more stable under Linux since upgrading from my
> old GeForce 2 card.

^_^
My current GF2 system is fairly stable. Can't remember when I last had any
crashes or anything...

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |