[plug] restarting services without rebooting

sol sol at autonomon.net
Wed Mar 26 16:22:35 WST 2003

Sorry, I mis-explained my problem. ;-)
This relates to the regular unix user "webmaster". webmaster's home directory
coincides with Apache's home directory. I'm happy with apache's settings, but
need the webmaster to have his own home away form apache's document root
because otherwise I'll have real problems. Specifically I've set up a webmail
programme that deposits mail in the unix user's home directory. Everything's
fine with the other users, just not webmaster.
If I just mkdir /home/webmaster (with approriate permissions) and edit
/etc/passwd's will everything be okay. Or do I need to restart something for
Linux to realize that the webmaster's home directory has moved?

cheers.
sol