[plug] [OT] mirror.3fl.net and ParNet

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Wed Mar 26 21:52:29 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

>Ben, does mirror.3fl.net have a name or IP address that will work from ParNet?
>
>Cheers; Leon

The mirror.3fl.net machine has 3 IP addresses (and NICs).

202.72.191.2 (heimdall.3fl.net, www.3fl.net)
202.72.191.129 (no hostname)
and the WAIX only IP of 172.22.130.18 (mirror.3fl.net)

Obviously we run mirror.3fl.net off of the WAIX only IP address as we
don't allow external access to the file mirror.  It was previously on an
externally routable IP address (i.e. a real IP address), but to restrict
it to WAIX only a lot easier, it was put onto a 172 WAIX only routable
IP address.  I'm not down on all of the exact logistics of it all, as I
don't work for WestNet. :)

Personally I don't see what ParNet's problem with it is?  All other WAIX
connected ISPs/members don't seem to have a problem with it....

/ Ben