[plug] [OT] TSR Built into BIOS

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Mar 26 23:31:23 WST 2003

Hello,

I'm on a quest to build a cheap way of doing KVM over IP and would like
to know if anyone can help me with the following:

I'm looking for a way to flash a bios so that input from a serial port
or RS-232 (or USB eth or anything!) gets redirected to the keyboard
buffer.

I've found programs to do this in DOS and even apparently Windows NT but
of course you would have to wait until the OS and software loads to be
able to do anything.

Examples of the programs I am talking about:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone16/cat429/

http://www.globalscan.com/wedge.htm

Perhaps you don't even need to flash the bios and could do it with a usb
keyboard hack?

thanks,

Chris Caston