[plug] Mplayer and the playback of Encrypted DVDs

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Sun Mar 30 23:00:09 WST 2003

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem with Mplayer (0.90rc5) playing Encrypted DVDs.

Initially I was using the mplayer from my SuSE 8.1 pro install, but didn't
have any luck at all with the sound so after finding nothing in my googling,
I removed it and compiled from source (the latest version).

Now I can watch Encrypted DVDs with sound :)) but if I run gmplayer (and
therefore have a gui) I am back to where I started from (no sound) actually
all sound doesn't play with gmplayer so I know where to start looking, but
any helpful hints would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Quintin