[plug] OpenOffice.org Conference, go fish

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Mar 31 07:10:49 WST 2003

On Sunday 30 March 2003 18:04, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> - New SDK to be released soon that will allow developers to
> build 3rd party modules on top of OpenOffice.org and integrate them with
> the suite.

Hurrah!

> - New scripting framework to be integrated into 1.1beta2
> (available as a  separate download now)

Hurrah! (And not before time)

> - Started a list of 3rd party addons
> http://openoffice.ca/vendors/add_on_modules/document_view

Hurrah!

> (I think I'll pass on the free Linux fish)

The fish has some fascinating implications. Because it looks like the
`Jesus-fish' AKA Icthyos (no Greek letters in this charset), the implication
of Linux as a religion is there (to cause the Borg Infidels to quail? :-).

Because it also looks like the `Darwin' Icthyos ripoffs, the implication of
Linux as evolution is there. Linux is special to evolution in several ways,
including that it demonstrably works using a Darwinian process (label Linus
`natural selection' and you're off to a running start) and that unlike real
life species development the end result is constantly improving.

Cheers; Leon