[plug] Mandrake 9.1 rant (was: RH 8.0 migration woes)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Mar 31 16:25:05 WST 2003

> an old Provideo TV card.

Is it good? Does it support radio input? Do you know if its still
possible to get them? I've got a FlyVideo 3000 and the drivers are only
barely useable. Radio in doesn't work at all. So if anybody knows of
good radio-in capable TV cards, I'm all ears.

> The only problem i have, is when i want full screen on
> mplayer it automatically goes to the normal screen instead of the TV. I
> have yet to experiment more on this since i only did it all on Friday.

mplayer [options] -fs -xineramascreen <n> <file-list>
where <n> is a number from 0 (primary display) up. Usually you'll want
xineramascreen 1 for your secondary display.

I don't know about gmplayer, though. I still find it lacking and it has
the nasty habit of failing to obey command-line params, yet not
supporting those in the GUI.