Wars with Browser (Re: [plug] DMA pricelist downloads)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon Mar 31 20:50:21 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 20:00, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 06:07:47PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> > I find the ingrammicro site rejects my authentication details when I log
> > in using Debian/Mozilla yet works fine on IE.

> Ditto. IE under Wine works fine though :) It's IE version 5.0, I
> haven't tested anything higher. Anybody care to report how other
> version of IE fair under WINE?

When I asked them about it they said it had only been "tested" with the
"standard" Win 98/ME/2000/XP IE /Netscape stuff.

I told them that they should strongly consider "testing" it with Linux
as a growing number of technical people use and deploy Linux as their
operating system of choice.

Funny thing is I get the feeling that something in their scripts tests
what browser the client is using and dumps them if they are using Linux.

Out of curiosity in what situations is Ingrammicro good?

At the moment I buy a small amount of stock and build custom machines
now and then. Looking through their website I couldn't find anything I
really wanted.

I went bought some stock from DMA today and was pretty happy with that.

regards,

Chris Caston