[plug] Re: kernel update was: USB palm pilot

Andrew Pamment pamment at iinet.net.au
Mon May 5 00:20:58 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 00:01, caston at arach.net.au wrote:

> Actually not yet... I've seems to get some life but it does not yet seem to work. Further
> investigation is needed..

Hmm.. well I would be interested to learn how you go with your
investigation, as I have been thinking about getting a palm myself.

> I have an open mind for OpenBSD. If you think the Debian zombies are bad you should see
> the one for Mandrake. Just ask Leon.

Yeess. Mandrake uuugh. You know, I would be interested in reading an
article about these distros that people use and *are* happy with, and
why they chose them over all the others. Mandrake I can understand
newbies getting into (although think they should be getting into
slackware) Debian however I can't understand why anyone in their right
mind would use it. So often you see articles about why people don't like
distros, but not why they do. I know that debian seems to be quite
popular with PLUG members and I would really like to know what draws
them to it.

> I think this one was optimized for my CPU, kinda like the Gentoo stage 3 tarball.

Excellent.

Andrew

--
Andrew Pamment
(http: scarab.ath.cx) (MSN: thegodsthemselves at hotmail.com)

"Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue
in her shape how lovely; saw, and pined His loss." John Milton.