[plug] {OT} Sourcing a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon May 5 11:49:57 WST 2003

I'm trying to locate a decent internal IDE DVD-ROM/CD-RW "Combo" Drive, which
can be firmware patched, or easily software reset to be effectively RPC-1
(Multi-region), AND preferrably with a silver face-plate (but not required).

Does anyone know where I can find such a beast?

The prime candidate so far is the LG GCC-4320B, but the few places in Perth
which have LG Combo drives have the newer model, which has no "fix" yet.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |