[plug] Re: kernel update was: USB palm pilot

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon May 5 16:31:58 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 09:36, Simon Scott wrote:
> > There very cool. You can work on documents and spreadsheets coverted from
> OpenOffice
> > using http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/
>
> cool
>

> > You can hotsync your calendar, task-list and contacts with evolution.
>
> How about KMail? Anybody?

Kroupware I guess... haven't looked into it yet but there are people
working on it.

> > And a major reason why I bought one is because I use a workflow processing
> system:
> >
> > collect -> process -> organise -> review - > do
> >
> > collect is where I write down all the stuff I need ot do
> >
> > Process is where I work out all the actionable steps
> > if it takes less than 2-3 minutes I do it straight away
> >
> > organise is where I decide when and where i am going to do it such as put it
> in my calendar or
> > mid-term or someday maybe folders
> >
> > reivew is for my weekly review
> >

> and what desktop app can you use to sync this with?

Not sure yet. I just do them all as word processing processing documents
and move the items to different categories on the palm for each stage.

On the desktop I used to just have each item as a text document using
the file name as the task and then move the file through each stage.
Each stage would have a different folder.

 In the process folder I would open up the text document and write all
the actionable steps.

I would write insert all the text files into an openoffice document at
the end of each week to write the weekly review.

> BTW, how much is an M130 ??

I paid $420 on special at Megafart. I'm sure you could find it cheaper
but I didn't want to wait.

regards,

Chris Caston