[plug] Bt868/829 support

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Tue May 6 09:41:19 WST 2003

I think you will find it is for the TV-out part of the card.

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 02:21, Jan Hurst wrote:
    > Ouch. I have an nVidia card, and I look to my housemate's Sapphire
    > Radeon 9700 with drooling envy for that reason - infintely better colour
    > and sharpness. The fact that he has a Mitsubishi 2070U 21" doesn't hurt,
    > compared to my Philips 109P 19".

    ive heard many mixed reports about Radeons.

    > I've got a (rather frustrating) FlyVideo 3000 m'self, (saa1734 or
    > something, from memory) but I thought the bttv driver was explicitly for
    > these Brooktree cards?

    bttv is for 848 "based" chipsets.

    > I take it that
    > 	"modprobe bttv && xawtv" doesn't work ;-)

    nope, dies horribly.

    further investigation seems to suggest Bt829s arent supported as noone
    has been able to coax enough spec info from ATI. there was some
    rudimentary support in GATOS but that seems geared specifically for the
    ATI cards (which this is not)

    can anyone suggest a good cheap card for video capture under linux?

    i want to transfer video footage from a handicam onto my pc to
    eventually turn into divx movies.

    -jan

--
Scott Middleton