[plug] Linux & Hardware

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Tue May 6 10:24:47 WST 2003

Does anyone know a good Internet site to go to learn more about how hardware
works?  I think one could better understand the structure and function of
Linux if one had a better idea of what goes on when Linux commands are
reduced to "0"s and "1"s and sent to the CPU, or to memory, or elsewhere on
the mainboard or EIDE devices.

It seems to me that there are experts on differing software bundles;  on
various operating systems; and I guess electronic engineers know about
chips, transistors, resistors, capacitors and things like that, if not the
software that runs on them; but there does not  seem to be a book or course
or Internet site that I have been able to find that covers both hardware and
software and how they interact with each other.

James Elliott