[plug] Mandrake 9.1

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Fri May 9 11:01:23 WST 2003

>  Does mandrake still dislike 486's?

Yes, but doesnt everyone? Are there actually any 486s left running? ;)

You would want to put a gateway setup on anything less than a P200 anyway -
there's an article in a recent Linux Format (IIRC) which explains why.

> Does it do a decent text based
> install?

No, dont think it ever did. Even Redhats text based installer sucks now.

Just whack in a decent card temporarily.

I installed it on 2 servers over the last week or so, and both minimal
installs when as smooth as silk. I didnt even have a mouse and the installer
was easy and intuitive. Had to borrow the monitor off my gf's G4 tho, cos the
old Compaq monitor off my 386 DOS box could quite cut it ;)

ps. sorry everyone for continually breaking the threading, but iinet's webmail
is the only way I can access my email while at work and it suxxors.