[plug] Mandrake 9.1

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:06:42 WST 2003

> Yes, but doesnt everyone? Are there actually any
> 486s left running? ;)

Our church has a 486/66 (I think) running woody as a
Samba print server. dselect is ssllooww, I'll grant
you that... but it runs fine.

> You would want to put a gateway setup on anything
> less than a P200 anyway - there's an article in a
> recent Linux Format (IIRC) which explains why.

Oh? Is there a copy of this article online (or an
executive summary)?  I know my P100 here at home works
fine, only aspect that could really use a faster
machine is the ipac-based accounting reports.

Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett