[plug] Casio CFX

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri May 9 18:55:24 WST 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 05:50:21PM +0800, Weirdo wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a program for linux to
> transfer programs between a casio cfx 9850gb+ and a computer? The windows
> program is called FA-123 and i didn't have much with wine.

Back when I was using it two years ago, wine coped with it near
perfectly. It's been a long time since I did it, but if you set up
the serial ports, then you're away. The only thing I couldn't get
working, but didn't have the inclination to, was the quirky fonts
that the program insists on using. Other than that, it "just
worked(tm)". I'm pretty sure both FA-123 and 122 did the same.

How is it not working? - have you enabled read/write permissions on
the user for the serial ports?

Rgds,

Bernard.

--