[plug] another mouse (and keyboard) question

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at CSIRO.AU
Tue May 13 19:46:01 WST 2003

Hi list,

    I have a computer at the repair shop at the moment.
The mouse and keyboard handler have both failed completely in that
the keyboard is ignored -- ie pressing F1 or ESC or "y" during
the bootup has no effect.

The mouse and keyboard handlers are on the motherboard (AMD athalon,
1.4 GH, sorry cant remember the name of the motheboard).

My question is -- if I use a USB keyboard -- does this have any chance of working?
remember I cant change any BIOS settings or tell the operating system to
load any modules or anything.

Of course -- I can just get the machine and try it. But if you tell
me it cant work then it seems there is no choice but to have the motherboard
changed.

					thanks
						rob
PS -- RH7.2

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.