[plug] postfix issue

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Tue May 13 20:36:30 WST 2003

Well if you're currently on an IP address that shouldn't be allowed to
send email through the mail server you've setup type this:

telnet 1.2.3.4 25

HELO mycomputer
MAIL FROM: me at myself.com
RCPT TO: someaddress at random.com

(1.2.3.4 = whatever IP address the mail server has)

Alternatively you could try this from someone's iiNet user space that I
just discovered with Google:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~remmie/relay/

Tested it on a mail server I run on Postfix and it didn't relay a
thing.  Just specify a recipient address that ISN'T on the mail server
you're testing.

/ Ben