[plug] More SCO in the news

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Fri May 16 13:03:21 WST 2003

Yep, that and Microsoft's strategy against OSS which I posted earlier to
off-topic:
http://www.iht.com/cgi-bin/generic.cgi?template=articleprint.tmplh&ArticleId
=96369

This leads me to beleive Microsoft are running scared and, as usual, trying
very hard to give a public impression that they're not worried but behind
the scenes they're doing as much as possible to undermine OSS in every way
they can think of, even if it means breaking the law but that's nothing new
to them.

I remember not that long ago Microsoft was blaming OSS as a major reason for
their share prices going down (maybe to try and get investors to despise OSS
as much Microsoft do, I dunno) and I guess there's only a few ways you can
attack a competitor that isn't owned by any single organisation and I'm sure
we'll see more FUD and the usual tricks now and in future.