[plug] Network & Internet Config.

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Sun May 18 12:29:17 WST 2003

At 06:06 AM 18/05/2003, mark wrote:
>Im using a dreaded alcatel speedtouch 330 usb modem, I have tried for
>months now to get the horrible thing configured, have used SuSE, which is
>my preffered distro, now mandrake 9.1.  Am having to dual boot with
>windoze2000 to browse and email etc.  ramble, ramble.
>
>Am seriously considering selling it and getting am external thing I can
>connect to a pci card!

I'm not sure if you have or want a network attached to your computer, but
the latest patch to SmoothWall GPL2 supports the alcatel 330 usb
modem.  There is apparently a new release/version due out soon which should
have this driver included.  If you have a low spec box with usb, you may
want to consider a firewall, or possibly grab the patch from the SmoothWall
site and do something with the driver that they provide?

regards,
   Nathan D.