[plug] Network & Internet Config.

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun May 18 17:36:18 WST 2003

> Am seriously considering selling it and getting am external thing I can
> connect to a pci card!

With DSL, there's very little nicer than a good-quality external modem
that talks to the PCI over good-'ol ethernet.

Of course, they're a tad pricey as well - but with luck one will last
you a long while. They generally support up to 8mbps DSL and I don't see
anybody getting more than that out of telstra (affordably) for a fair
few years. You can't guard against a sudden change in the protocols for,
say, a 1.5mbps service over longer ranges, but you never can.

Craig