[plug] Microsost Lisencing Unix from SCO?!

mark nicholls.m at lineone.net
Tue May 20 20:56:30 WST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Weatherall" <weatherd at netvtise.com.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: [plug] Microsost Lisencing Unix from SCO?!

> mark wrote:

Must agree I did read a bit far on that one.  The above answer was meant for
another question from another LUG.

The answer I mean't to give to Craig's post (which got sent to the other LUG
posting) is:

The MS/SCO licensing issue would look to be based purely on politics, it
would be obvious that they, MS, want SCO to win any forthcoming lawsuit.  It
would serve not only to strike at IBM, but hopefully slow down Linux growth
and progression.  From a MS perspective, why go at Linux, let SCO muddy the
waters.  All MS have to do is sit back watch the spectacle and occiasonally
wave
there licence in the air.  No risk to them at all!

(Note to self : Don't attempt to multitask)

Thanks

Mark