[plug] Any config experts out there who can help?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed May 21 13:38:53 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 05:56, mark wrote:
> As per my last mailing, I am in the middle of setting up a alcatel usb
> modem, from the url info, kindly given by Onno.

[..Config deleted..]

> From the shell in su, I start the daemon with start-adsl and get the
> following:
>
> sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x?? <auth chap MD5>]
> rcvd [LCP Confreq id=0x?? <auth chap MD5><magic 0xd????????>]
>
> Which scrolls for a while then :
>
> rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x??]
> sent [LCP TermAck id=0x??]

You have done the hardest part, actually talking to the modem and then
getting the modem to talk over ADSL. As you guess, what you're looking
at is an authentication - which is failing.

Now for the tricky bit :-)

In the options file you likely have +chap, if you make it +pap, all
should work well...
	<http://www.cottagesoft.com/SettingPPP.html>

More info at:
	<http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/cppp.html>

Hope this helps...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..