[plug] What does public opion feel about Riser FS?

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 21 16:17:49 WST 2003

> Public opinion for Reiser FS is its not considered mature enough for real
> production use.  I've used it for a couple of years without any major
> problems, but I think more people would recommend ext3.
>
> I personally recommend (and use) Reiser ;)

Yeah, me too. It's been around a lot longer than ext3, so I'm not sure about
the maturity argument. It sits well on top of LVM, and allows on the fly
resizing (shrinking partitions is still considered beta AFAIK, but it's never
failed for me). I like it.

The guys at SuSE, who are obviously biased being as they have sponsored
ReiserFS development for years now, love it. I know they have some seriously
big RAID arrays with ReiserFS partitions. Their entire enterprise - several
hundred people - is based around ReiserFS based servers and desktops.

Good enough for me... :o)

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,