[plug] What does public opion feel about Riser FS?

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 21 19:05:12 WST 2003

> I lost my /home filesystem to its stupdi fsck utility which is supposed to
> *fix* things, not erase half the data.

Well, actually, fsck is supposed to get the file system back to a sane state
as best it can. If the only way it could do that was by erasing half the data
(in order to save the other half) perhaps it just did its best?

What were the circumstances? Do you have reason to believe that with a
different filesystem your data could have been rescued?

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,