[plug] What does public opion feel about Riser FS?

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Wed May 21 19:50:52 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 19:05, Derek Fountain wrote in response to Trent's
recounting of an unfortunate experience with ResierFS:

> > I lost my /home filesystem to its stupdi fsck utility which is supposed to
> > *fix* things, not erase half the data.
>
> Well, actually, fsck is supposed to get the file system back to a sane state
> as best it can. If the only way it could do that was by erasing half the data
> (in order to save the other half) perhaps it just did its best?
>
> What were the circumstances? Do you have reason to believe that with a
> different filesystem your data could have been rescued?

Trent,

Here is a creed that I learnt a long time ago.

I will always BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP my data regardless of what
file system I use.

Michael Hunt