[plug] What does public opion feel about Riser FS?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed May 21 21:58:22 WST 2003

Sounds like you must be a newbie, or haven't worked with windows much
Craig ...

:)

Actually, much data and some complete systems with fat32 on both mine
and other systems - havnt lost an ntfs system yet though.  One system
with ext2 (well actually 2, but the main cause for the second was a
dying disk which reiser handled OK, but ext2 didnt).  One only reiser
file directory corruption (infinite size!), copied the files out and
repaired it ok.

Using reiser for some years on desktops with no real problems: just
works, even on striped raid without any fuss at all (unless the ide
cable falls out of one disk ...after destroying the contents
faultfinding the problem, found and reconnected the cable, rm'd the
contents and reinstalled from backup on the existing format.).  Using
ext3 on a laptop (so I can go ext2 for powersaving), but not impressed
with it much - still wants to fsck at 20 mounts etc so I'll have to tune
it sometime when I get around to it.

BillK