[plug] What does public opion feel about Riser FS?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 21 22:14:12 WST 2003

> Sounds like you must be a newbie, or haven't worked with windows much
> Craig ...

s/can\'t\scount/have lost track of/

That said, I certainly don't work with 'doze as much as many.
Sufficiently little lately that I feel clumsy navigating the UI - but
I've done quite a bit with it in the past, esp. win98 and NT4 (both of
which I still have to keep running at work). Win2k I have user/install
experience with only, no serious fiddling, and anything since then I
don't plan to learn.

I've encountered a lot of Fat32 breakage but most has been on "home
user" systems, our windows boxes at the POST don't tend to run into FS
problems. They pick word 2000 problems instead. Like deciding to be
french - refusing to run a spelling check in english, activating some
weird dead keys, and outputting the sequence *<< instead of " . Fixed by
removing the user profile, both server side and the cached local copy.
*sigh*.

Its MacOS 9 I have a hard time with. MacOS 7, now that used to /work/ ...

Craig