[plug] [OT] Help needed : [Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned Mail]

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu May 22 09:41:59 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 22/05/2003 09:35 AM
-----

                      Onno Benschop
                      <onno at itmaze.com.        To:       PLUG <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      au>                      cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [plug] [OT] Help needed :  [Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned
                      22/05/2003 09:26          Mail]
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>More likely a friend of yours runs a PC with Outlook which has your name
>in its address book. It's sending messages that look like they come from
>you to another person in their address book. That may then in turn
>bounce and send the bounce to where it (looks like it) was sent from -
>you.

>So there you have it, yet another reason not to use Outlook.

>Onno Benschop

Not a bad Idea, Onno, except that this is the main userid - ie the one you
can use to check out your download limits etc, and administer your mail
id's. For this reason I haven't used it for any mail except one brief test
to my wife in February. I get the Westnet newsletter on it, but that's
about it. Now I've got 2 bounced spams in the same week, and I wonder
whether someone else at Westnet has got the same id.

Very irritating, especially since I tried to keep it "pure".

Regards
RichardM