[plug] Are you busy on Saturday?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu May 22 11:06:58 WST 2003

In addition to our few worthy troops distilled from the previous
call-for-bodies, the conditions we will be working under for this event
have improved a lot:

    http://www.svshs.wa.edu.au/staff/mweber/projects/sigfest/

We will be given a room with 20 working Mandrake Linux 9.1 boxen, in
addition to the few special machines being toted by our fearless
leadership, to strut our stuff with.

I am now seeking volunteers to simply show people what Linux looks like.
No equipment necessary (but all interestign gear like lapies, Zaurii
etc welcomed). No great experience necessary, most of the visitors will
be looking for a this-is-Linux-it-does-not-bite level of intro and the
few who make your eyes glaze over can be redirected to a guru.

I'm particularly interested in bodies for Session 2, after lunch, which
will be a simple demo of Linux apps, because I won't be able to be
there on the day. Even if you work on Saturday morning, you can
probably trot along for this one.

If you can make it, fill out Mark's form on that site, and drop me an
email off-list to let me know that you're coming.

Cheers; Leon