[plug] NFS mount problems

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Thu May 22 14:56:25 WST 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Tim Bowden wrote:
> I have recently set up a 'server to be' and I now have nfs mount
> problems.  When I run mount it happily gives me a report as to what is
> mounted and all the ext3 volumes are ok but when I try to mount an nfs
> mount specified in fstab, it give
> the error 'mount: RPC: Program not registered'.  Previously all worked
> well, but yesterday afternoon it all went belly up.  What do I need to
> do to fix it?

My guess would be: start the NFS server daemon on the file server.

Some distros have a habit of breaking NFS by default (RedHat was notorious
for breaking NFS lockd - although I haven't had the displeasure of using
RedHat lately) so it'd be a good idea to tail -f your syslog file to
confirm it's starting up properly.

PD

--
Paul Day     Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire