[plug] NFS mount problems

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu May 22 15:13:57 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 14:56, Paul Day wrote:

> My guess would be: start the NFS server daemon on the file server.
>
> Some distros have a habit of breaking NFS by default (RedHat was notorious
> for breaking NFS lockd - although I haven't had the displeasure of using
> RedHat lately) so it'd be a good idea to tail -f your syslog file to
> confirm it's starting up properly.
>
> PD
>
> --
> Paul Day     Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire

Thanks Paul.  I was certain it was running on the server ok for some
reason and didn't even think of checking it. I had several machines
mounting shares from it and none of the others reported any errors-
makes me feel like a real goose now. Note to self: Check, check, check
*everything* first.

Thanks,
Tim Bowden