[plug] Linux do

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Sat May 24 23:53:59 WST 2003

Hiya pluggers,

Thinking about getting a linux expo of sorts happening. I want to get an
indication of the support that could be expected to setup a half
professional, mostly relaxed gathering to expose linux in desktop and
server environments.

I would hope to plan such an event say 3 or 6 months in advance, and
organise presentations etc. I would like to see 100 people turn up :) I
appreciate that something like this would be greatly difficult to get
together and happening but I am willing to put in the effort.

The people I wish to target would be small IT dependant businesses, and
your average Joe users. The first hurdle is a venue, and if anyone has
any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Oh yes, I would also
hope to make this FREE :)

Regards

Michael Collard