[plug] Linux do

Andrew Pamment pamment at iinet.net.au
Mon May 26 04:19:24 WST 2003

Sounds like a good idea. Can I suggest a sausage sizzle? There's nothing
like a sausage sizzle to create a non threatning relaxed atmosphere. I
think I could get a couple of people interested, your average joe who
really isn't technically inclined but fell in love with slackware.. and
from what I have overheard of my flatmate with his new kde that is so
cool that he just has to show everybody who comes over the translucent
menus, drop shadows and amazing file preview features.. i think my
little propaganda bots may just attract a few more average joes to an
event such as this. but it would be a great way to let people see what
it can do.. why not have a few machines set up that people can play with
and see how good it really is.

as for a venue why not check out some schools around the place, most of
them have auditoriums that they are willing to hire out.

perhaps you could try and coincide it with an installfest, let people
come check it out, find out how great it is, give them a week to think
about it, then if they are so inclined to come along to an installfest.

andrew

--
Andrew Pamment <pamment at iinet.net.au>