[plug] Samba Domain + member groups

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 26 07:35:04 WST 2003

I am experimenting with a samba domain. I am using w2k and XPpro clients.
Problems are:
1) I need to use the root samba account to add a machine to a domain and
their are more than one admin, I need to have another account that can
add/remove machines from the domain
2) We logged in All users are in the group users and I wish for some of
them to be in the group Power Users or Administrators as some programs
require high than users.
Other than that I am pleased with the samba domain as I have wanted to
experiment with domains but didn't have a spare box that can take Server
2003. Linux on the other hand was already running my testing web server so
I added samba to do my experimenting and it works!
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA