[plug] Novell buys out SuSE

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Nov 6 18:12:31 WST 2003

probably pretty good since this puts some US dollars in their bank. I knew Novell was going to buy a distro awhile ago just which one was the question of the day.  I wondering how RedHat is taking this since they have made some unsavory changes to their way of doing business (which is why I'm moving away from RedHat :-) Matt, Simon and Andrew I'm sure you'll be happy to hear this).  But SUSE, I'm not too sure about this.  I've installed eDirectory on Linux and it looks great, but that was on RedHat.
Can anyone on this list working with NetWare and Linux shine some light this subject of using SUSE?  Have to get an image from Novell to see how it functions.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> caston at arach.net.au 10:53:04 pm 4/11/2003 >>>
Wow,

They have Ximian and now SuSE.

http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/11/pr03069.html

I wonder how the Germans are taking this.

regards,

Chris