[plug] Qmail

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 7 09:21:03 WST 2003

In message <BBD111FD.2D3C%ahewitt at globaldial.com>
on Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:10:21AM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to remail/forward someones emails from their
> mailbox to another email address using qmail/mail. I bascially need to do it
> via the command line and leave the emails like they were originally (with
> added/changed headers of course).

1/ When you say "via the command line", do you mean you will be doing
this manually? If so, "just use `mutt`" :-)

2/ If you want to have headers changed in an automated way (and maybe
you don't), you might have a look at `formail` ("works for me").

3/ If you want to automatically have mail forwarded (and/or have headers
changed), read your qmail documentation (e.g. `man 1 forward`). You
might also want to look at `procmail`. If you want to have mail
automatically but conditionally forwarded *and* have its headers
modified, a traditional approach is to combine `procmail` with
`formail`. I have lost too much mail to go near the Exim mailer for real
use, but it may be worth pointing out that it has its own filtering
language.